This adorable round motif is great for beginners. It is very quick and easy to make and a perfect way to use your scrap yarn.
I made this with cotton thread No 3 and a 3,5 mm crochet hook and its final size is 12 cm (4,7 inches) in diameter.
You can change the motif’s size by using different yarn weights and hook sizes.
Besides your chosen thread and crochet hook, you will also need a needle to weave in loose ends and a pair of scissors.
AD-Free, Print Ready PDF version of this pattern is available here.
Make a magic ring.
- Round 1: Ch 3 (counts as dc), 23 dc in the ring, pull the thread end to tighten the ring, join with sl st in 3rd ch of first ch3.
- Round 2: Ch 6 (counts as dc and ch-3 sp), * skip next dc, dc in next dc, ch 3; repeat from * around, join with sl st in 3rd ch of first ch6.
- Round 3: Sl st in next ch-3 sp, ch 3 (counts as dc), 3 dc in same sp, * ch 1, 4 dc in next ch-3 sp; repeat from * around, sc in 3rd ch of first ch3 to create last ch-1 sp.
- Round 4: Ch 1, sc in same sp, ch 4, * sc in next ch-1 sp, ch 4; repeat from * around, join with sl st in first sc.
- Round 5: Ch 1, sc in same sc, * ch 1, in next ch-4 sp work (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc), ch 1, sc in next sc; repeat from * around omitting the very last sc, join with sl st in first sc.
- Round 6: Ch 1, sc in same sc, * ch 2, in next ch-3 sp work (3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc), ch 2, sc in next sc; repeat from * around omitting the very last sc, join with sl st in first sc.
Fasten off and weave in loose ends.
Looking for more free crochet patterns for round motifs? Check out the Elegant Round Motif and the Openwork Round Motif.
|sl st||slip stitch|
|*||work instructions following * as many times as indicated|
|( )||work instructions the number of times specified or work instructions in the stitch or space indicated or contains explanatory remarks|
[…] Crochet Round Petal Motif is another small round motif, perfect for beginners, but if you are looking for bigger doily patterns, see the stunning Happy Doily and the airy Delicate Doily. […]
This is so cute! Thanks for sharing! I’ll definitely try it out!