Summer Day Round Crochet Motif
You will need
You can crochet Summer Day Round Crochet Motif with almost any thread. I made this warm yellow motif with cotton thread No 3 and a 3,5 mm crochet hook and its final size is 13 cm (5 inches) in diameter .
Besides your chosen thread and crochet hook, you will also need a needle to weave in loose ends and a pair of scissors.
Ch 8 and sl st in first ch to form a ring.
- Round 1: Ch 1, 24 sc in the ring, join with sl st in first sc.
- Round 2: Ch 3 (counts as dc), dc in each sc around, join with sl st in 3rd ch of first ch3.
- Round 3: Ch 4 (counts as tr), tr in next stitch, ch 3, (tr in each of next 2 stitches, ch 3) around, join with sl st in 4th ch of first ch4.
- Round 4: Sl st in next tr and in ch-3 sp, ch 4, in same ch-3 sp work (2 tr, ch 3, 3 tr), in each ch-3 sp around work (3 tr, ch 3, 3 tr), join with sl st in 4th ch of first ch4.
- Round 5: Sl st in each of next 2 stitches and in ch-3 sp, sc in ch-3 sp, ch 5, sc in same sp, * ch 5, sc in next ch-3 sp, ch 5, sc in same ch-3 sp; repeat from * around, ch 5, join with sl st in first sc.
- Round 6: Sl st in ch-5 sp, ch 3, in same ch-5 sp work (4 dc, ch 3, 5 dc), sc in next ch-5 sp, * in next ch-5 sp work (5 dc, ch 3, 5 dc), sc in next ch-5 sp; repeat from * around, join with sl st in 3rd ch of first ch3.
Fasten off and weave in loose ends.
If you are looking for a denser round motif, perfect for coasters, see here: Crochet Easy Round Motif.