Crochet Lace Flower Hexagon
I made my red and yellow Crochet Lace Flower Hexagon with cotton thread No 5 and a 2,5 mm crochet hook and its final size is 10 cm (4 inches) in diameter.
Besides your chosen thread and crochet hook, you will also need a needle to weave in loose ends and a pair of scissors.
With the first color ch 6 and sl st in first ch to form a ring.
- Round 1: Ch 5 (counts as dc and ch-2 sp), (dc in the ring, ch 2) 8 times, join with sl st in 3rd ch of first ch5.
- Round 2: Sl st in ch-2 sp, ch 2 (counts as hdc), in same sp work (3 dc, hdc), in each ch-2 sp around work (hdc, 3 dc, hdc), join with sl st in 2nd ch of first ch2. Fasten off and weave in loose ends.
- Round 3: Join the second color with sl st between 2 petals (between 2 hdc), ch 6 (counts as dc and ch-3 sp), sc in 2nd dc, * ch 3, dc between next 2 hdc (between the next 2 petals), ch 3, sc in 2nd dc; repeat from * around, ch 1 and join with hdc in 3rd ch of first ch6 to create last ch-3 sp of the round.
- Round 4: Ch 1, sc in same sp, (ch 5, sc in next sp) around, ch 2 and join with dc in first sc to create last ch-5 sp of the round.
- Round 5: Ch 1, sc in same sp, * in next ch-5 sp work (2 dc, ch 3, sl st in top of last dc, 2 dc, ch 5, 2 dc, ch 3, sl st in top of last dc, 2 dc), sc in next ch-5 sp, ch 5, sc in next ch-5 sp; repeat from * around omitting last sc, join with sl st in first sc.
Fasten off and weave in loose ends.
I crocheted this red motif with only one color of cotton thread size 10 and a 2 mm crochet hook. Its final size is 8,5 cm (3,3 inches) in diameter.
See this interesting Crochet Pinwheel Motif perfect for creating shawls, summer cardigans and summer dresses.