I made my Crochet Lace Square Motif with cotton thread size 10 and a crochet hook size 1,75 mm and the final motif measures about 10 cm (about 4 inches).
Besides your thread or yarn and hook, you will also need a needle to weave in loose ends and a pair of scissors.
AD-Free, Print Ready PDF version of this pattern is available here.
Ch 7 and sl st in first ch to form a ring.
- Round 1: Ch 4 (counts as tr), 23 tr in the ring, join with sl st in 4th ch of first ch4.
- Round 2: Ch 10, sl st in 7th ch from hook, * ch 7, skip 2 tr, dtr in next tr, ch 7, sl st in 7th ch from hook, ch 7 **, skip 2 tr, dc in next tr, ch 7, sl st in 7th ch from hook; repeat from * 3 times and from * to ** once more, join with sl st in 3rd ch of first ch10.
- Round 3: Sl st in next 4 chains, ch 10, sl st in 7th ch from hook, in same loop work (dc, 2 tr, dtr), * in next ch-7 loop work (2 dtr, 3 tr, 2 dtr, ch 7, sl st in 7th ch from hook, dtr, 3 tr, 2 dtr), in next ch-7 loop work (dtr, 2 tr **, 2 dc, ch 7, sl st in 7th ch from hook, dc, 2 tr, dtr); repeat from * 3 times and from * to ** once more, dc, join with sl st in 3rd ch of first ch10.
- Round 4: Sl st in ch-7 loop, ch 9 (counts as dtr and ch-4 sp), in same loop work [(tr, ch 4) 3 times, dtr], * in next ch-7 loop work [dtr, ch 4, (tr, ch 4) 5 times, dtr] **, in next ch-7 loop work [dtr, ch 4, (tr, ch 4) 3 times, dtr]; repeat from * 3 times and from * to ** once more, join with sl st in 5th ch of first ch9.
- Round 5: Ch 1, 5 sc in every ch-4 sp around, join with sl st in first sc.
Fasten off and weave in loose ends.
|dtr||double treble crochet|
|sl st||slip stitch|
|*||work instructions following * as many times as indicated|
|( ) [ ]||work instructions the number of times specified or work instructions in the stitch or space indicated or contains explanatory remarks|
Download the photo of the finished item made with this pattern
And don’t forget, an ad-free, print ready PDF version of Crochet Lace Square Motif pattern is available for you to purchase, download, and print out. Тhe PDF file contains complete instructions in a clear layout, easy to read and print. It also has active web links with useful information about crochet stitches.
Find an easy, yet very impressive square in this tutorial: Crochet Circle Square.
I made an Afghan in 1989 with a crochet circle in a granny square.
I have been looking for the pattern. You made the blue one.
Thank you so much for writing down the same pattern that I used.
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY New Year.
Thank You Thank You Thank You so much for the patterns these are going to be my First attempt to creating doilies and I was Hoping for Beautiful patterns. I have been working with crochet threads to use as trims, I am So Anxious to start.