This free crochet round pattern is just the thing if you are looking for a simple, quick and fun project. It is great for beginners and since it requires only a small amount of yarn, it is a fabulous way to use your leftovers.
Use your favorite yarn and create colorful coasters, sparkly Christmas tree ornaments or stunning window decorations.
The motif in the photo is crocheted with a 2,5 mm hook and thread size 5. It measures 11,5 cm (4,5 inches) in diameter.
You can change the look and size of your motif by using different yarn weights and hook sizes.
Besides your chosen yarn and crochet hook, you will also need a needle to weave in loose ends and a pair of scissors.
AD-Free, Print Ready PDF version of this pattern is available here.
Make a magic ring.
- Round 1: Ch 3 (counts as dc), 17 dc in the ring, pull the thread end to tighten the ring as much as needed, join with sl st in 3rd ch of first ch3. (18 dc)
- Round 2: Ch 4 (counts as dc and ch-1 sp), * dc in next dc, ch 1; repeat from * around, join with sl st in 3rd ch of first ch4.
- Round 3: Sl st in next ch-1 sp, sc in same sp, * ch 4, sc in next ch-1 sp; repeat from * 17 times, ch 1 and join with dc in first sc to create last ch-4 sp of the round.
- Round 4: Ch 1, sc in same sp, * ch 5, sc in next ch-4 sp; repeat from * 17 times, ch 2 and join with dc in first sc to create last ch-5 sp of the round.
- Round 5: Ch 1, sc in same sp, * ch 5, sc in next ch-5 sp; repeat from * 17 times, ch 2 and join with dc in first sc to create last ch-5 sp of the round.
- Round 6: Ch 1, sc in same sp, * ch 1, in next ch-5 sp work (dc, ch 1) 6 times, sc in next ch-5 sp **, ch 5, sc in next ch-5 sp; repeat from * 5 times and from * to ** once more, ch 2 and join with dc in first sc to create last ch-5 sp of the round.
- Round 7: * Ch 2, (dc in next dc, ch 3, sc in 3rd ch from the hook) 5 times, dc in next dc, ch 2, sl st in next ch-5 sp; repeat from * around. Work last sl st in the same stitch as the first chain of the round.
Fasten off and weave in the ends.
|sl st||slip stitch|
|*||work instructions following * as many times as indicated|
|( )||work instructions the number of times specified or work instructions in the stitch or space indicated or contains explanatory remarks|
If you are looking for more free crochet round patterns, check out Crochet Round Petal Motif and Elegant Round Motif.
Check out these beautiful free doily patterns: Small Dainty Doily Pattern and Crochet Spiked Doily.
For new crochet doily patterns, visit Doily Patterns.