This free crochet sunflower pattern is very easy and quick to make. The Easy Crochet Sunflower is just the right size to be used as a coaster or as an applique to add to pillows, hats, purses, jackets and many more. It looks beautiful in sunflower colors, brown center and gold yellow petals, and it would look amazing in other colors too. Experiment with different yarn weights and hook sizes for larger or smaller sunflowers.
I crocheted my Easy Crochet Sunflower with 6 strand embroidery floss and a 2 mm crochet hook. It measures 10 cm (4 inches) in diameter.
Besides your chosen thread and crochet hook, you will also need a needle to weave in loose ends and a pair of scissors.
AD-Free, Print Ready PDF version of this pattern is available here.
Make a magic ring with the first color.
- Round 1: Ch 3 (counts as dc), 23 dc in the ring, pull the thread end to tighten the ring, join with sl st in 3rd ch of first ch3.
- Round 2: Ch 6 (counts as dc and ch-3 sp), * skip next dc, dc in next dc, ch 3; repeat from * around, join with sl st in 3rd ch of first ch6.
- Round 3: Sl st in next ch-3 sp, ch 3 (counts as dc), 3 dc in same sp, ch 1, * 4 dc in next ch-3 sp, ch 1; repeat from * around, join with sl st in 3rd ch of first ch3. Fasten off.
- Round 4: Join the second color in any ch-1 sp, ch 1, sc in same sp, ch 4, * sc in next ch-1 sp, ch 4; repeat from * around, join with sl st in first sc.
- Round 5: Ch 1, sc in same sc, * ch 1, in next ch-4 sp work (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc), ch 1, sc in next sc; repeat from * around omitting the very last sc, join with sl st in first sc.
- Round 6: Ch 1, sc in same sc, * ch 2, in next ch-3 sp work (3 dc, ch 3 and sl st in 3rd ch from the hook, 3 dc), ch 2, sc in next sc; repeat from * around omitting the very last sc, join with sl st in first sc.
Fasten off and weave in loose ends.
Looking for more free crochet flower patterns? Check out the easy Crochet Flower Artemis and the stunning Crochet Flower Aphrodite.
|sl st||slip stitch|
|*||work instructions following * as many times as indicated|
|( ) ||work instructions the number of times specified or work instructions in the stitch or space indicated or contains explanatory remarks|
[…] Looking for more free crochet flower patterns? Check out the cute Crochet Flower Urania and the stunning Easy Crochet Sunflower. […]