Double Layered Picot Flower #2
The free Double Layered Picot Flower #2 pattern is very easy and works up quickly. The instructions below are for the brown flower. The red flower as you can see in the photos has pretty much the same petals, but its center is different. The instructions for the red flower can be found here.
Create your own flowers using your favorite colors and attach them on hats, bags, pillows, jackets and many more. Experiment with different yarn weights and hook sizes for larger or smaller Double Layered Picot Flowers. Alternatively embellish the center of the flower with a cute big bead or a button.
Both flowers, pink and brown, are crocheted with six strand embroidery floss and a 2 mm crochet hook and they measure 6,5 cm (2,5 inches) in diameter.
Besides your chosen thread and crochet hook, you will also need a needle to weave in loose ends and a pair of scissors.
With the color for the center make a magic ring.
- Round 1: Ch 3 (counts as dc), 23 dc in the ring, pull the thread end to tighten the ring, join with sl st in 3rd ch of first ch3.
- Round 2: Sc in same stitch, ch 3, (skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc, ch 3) around, join with sl st in first sc.
- Round 3: Sc in same sc, ch 4, (sc in next sc, ch 4) around, join with sl st in first sc. Fasten off and weave in loose ends.
- Round 4: Join the color for the front petals in any ch-3 sp of Round 2, ch 1, in each ch-3 sp around work (sc, ch 1, 2 dc, ch 3 and sl st in top of last dc, 2 dc, ch 1, sc), join with sl st in first sc. Fasten off and weave in loose ends.
- Round 5: Work this round with the color for the back petals, right side facing and behind the petals of the previous round. Join new color in any ch-4 sp of Round 3, ch 1, in each ch-4 sp around work (sc, ch 1, dc, 2 tr, dtr, ch 3 and sl st in top of last dtr, 2 tr, dc, ch 1, sc), join with sl st in first sc. Fasten off and weave in loose ends.
Looking for more free crochet flower patterns? Check out the beautiful Crochet Flower Aphrodite.