The free Double Layered Picot Flower #1 is a very easy and quick crochet pattern. The instructions below are for the red flower. If you want to make the brown flower, which is a little bit different, you can find the free instructions here.
Create your own flowers using your favorite colors and attach them on hats, bags, pillows, jackets and many more. Experiment with different yarn weights and hook sizes for larger or smaller Double Layered Picot Flowers.
Alternatively embellish the center of the flower with beads or a cute big button.
Both flowers, the pink and the brown, are crocheted with six strand embroidery floss and a 2 mm crochet hook and they measure 6,5 cm (2,5 inches) in diameter.
Besides your chosen thread and crochet hook, you will also need a needle to weave in loose ends and a pair of scissors.
With the color for the center make a magic ring.
- Round 1: Ch 1, 8 sc in the ring, pull the thread end to tighten the ring, join with sl st in first sc.
- Round 2: Ch 4 (counts as dc and ch-1 sp), (2 dc in next sc, ch 1) 7 times, dc in next sc, join with sl st in 3rd ch of first ch4.
- Round 3: (Sc in next ch-1 sp, ch 3) around, join with sl st in first sc.
- Round 4: Ch 1, sc in same sc, ch 5, (sc in next sc, ch 5) around, join with sl st in first sc. Fasten off and weave in loose ends.
- Round 5: Join the color for the front petals in any ch-3 sp of Round 3, ch 1, in each ch-3 sp around work (sc, ch 1, 2 dc, ch 3 and sl st in top of last dc, 2 dc, ch 1, sc), join with sl st in first sc. Fasten off and weave in loose ends.
- Round 6: Work this round with the color for the back petals, right side facing and behind the petals of the previous round. Join new color in any ch-5 sp of Round 4, ch 1, in each ch-5 sp around work (sc, ch 1, dc, 2 tr, dtr, ch 3 and sl st in top of last dtr, 2 tr, dc, ch 1, sc), join with sl st in first sc. Fasten off and weave in loose ends.