You can choose any colors you like to make Crochet Framed Flower Square. I crocheted the square you see in the photo with three different colors of 6 strand embroidery floss and a 2 mm crochet hook and it measures about 8 cm (about 3 inches).
Besides your threads or yarns and hook, you will also need a needle to weave in loose ends and a pair of scissors.
AD-Free, Print Ready PDF version of this pattern is available here.
With first color ch 10, join with sl st in first ch to create a ring.
- Round 1: Ch 3 (counts as dc), 31 dc in the ring, join with sl st in 3rd ch of first ch3.
- Round 2: (Ch 7, skip next 3 dc, sl st in next dc) around. Fasten off and weave in loose ends.
- Round 3: With right side facing, join second color in 4th ch of any ch-7 sp. Ch 3 (counts as dc), in same ch work 6 dc, (in 4th ch of next ch-7 sp work 7 dc) around, join with sl st in 3rd ch of first ch3 (8 shells of 7 dc each made). Fasten off and weave in loose ends.
At the end of round 3, the motif should look like these:
- Round 4: With right side facing, join third color in 4th dc of any shell, ch 1, sc in same stitch, * ch 2, skip 1 dc, dc in next dc, dc in 2nd dc of next shell, ch 3, skip next dc, in next dc work (tr, ch 5, tr), ch 3, skip 1 dc, dc in next dc, dc in 2nd dc of next shell, ch 2, skip next dc, sc in next dc; repeat from * around omitting last sc, join with sl st in first sc.
- Round 5: Ch 3 (counts as dc), dc in each stitch around except the 3rd ch of each corner ch-5 sp, where you have to crochet 3 dc, join with sl st in 3rd ch of first ch3.
Fasten off and weave in loose ends.
If you are looking for a beautiful, interesting square, see: Crochet Quatrefoil Square.