Make a bunch of these cute heart cushions and give them as gifts or decorate your bedroom. Have fun creating!
What you'll need
- Denim fabric
- Acrylic felt
- Embroidery needle
- Embroidery floss
- Scissors (you'll need fabric scissors, as well as a pair of embroidery scissors with fine tips to cut the felt around the swirls)
- Sewing machine
- Stuffing material (polyester toy filling)
- Tracing paper (or baking paper)
- Marker (to trace the template)
How to make the heart cushion
Download the free template , decide how big you want your heart, resize as you like and print out.
Step by step photos, as well as instructions, you'll find in this tutorial. Although, the heart shown in the tutorial photos is not the swirly one, the technique is the same.
This is the finished cushion.
The hearts in the following photos are also made with the same technique.
To make the heart with the "love" letters, see the tutorial with step by step photos, instructions and a free resizable template.
- You do not have to buy denim fabric. Just find a pair of old, out of style, unwearable jeans in your closet and recycle it.
- You can find more ideas for fabric and felt crafts in the photo gallery.
- The blanket stitch is the decorative stitch often used to sew felt pieces together. It secures and gives a very nice look.