What you’ll need
You can choose any yarn you like to crochet this flower. Just to give you an idea of the size, with cotton thread size 10 and crochet hook size 2 mm, the flower is going to be about 5 cm (2 inches) in diameter.
You will also need a needle to weave in loose ends and a pair of scissors.
With first color make a magic ring.
- Round 1: Ch 1, 5 sc in the ring, pull the thread end to tighten the ring, join with sl st in first sc.
- Round 2: Ch 1, 2 sc in each sc around. Join with sl st in first sc.
- Round 3: Ch 1, 2 sc in each sc around. Join with sl st in first sc. Fasten off.
- Round 4: Working in front loops only, join second color with sl st in any sc (front loop), * ch 3, 1 tr in same sc, 2 tr in each of next 2 sc, 1 tr in next sc, ch 3, sl st in same sc and in next sc; repeat from * 5 times. Fasten off.
- Round 5: Working behind petals in back loops only, join third color with sl st in back loop of first sc of next petal, * ch 4, 1 dtr in same st, 2 dtr in each of next 2 sts, 1 dtr in next st, ch 4, sl st in same st and in next st; repeat from * 5 times.
Fasten off and weave in loose ends.